Sunday, September 26, 2010

Zachary's Birth Story









Zachary Andrew Parker was born on November 6, 2003.  His original due date was November 13th.   It was a Wednesday Morning November 5th.  I had a 10:30 doctors appt with Dr. Holmes so I left work and headed to his office.  The 2 weeks prior he tried to help induce my labor by stripping my membranes to no avail!  We thought we would have another Halloween baby, but, Zachary was not ready.  I had preeclampsia, I was very swollen and my blood pressure was high.  Dr. Holmes decided to check me into the hospital.  I called Jon at his work and he came straight to the hospital.  The day I got checked in it was unusally HOT!  It was 103 degrees.  They started me on pitocin around 11:30.  At about 2:30 I was dilated enough to ge my epidural!  I am so grateful for modern medicine!  For some reason the Pitocin and the Epidural made me sick.  I ended up throwing up in my own hair because I was not expecting it.  So gross.  Around 12:00 am, my doctor had me start pushing.  After over 2 hours of pushing Zachary arrived at 2:09 am!  It was so amazing.  He was so small.  He weighed 7lbs 11 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.  When we left the hospital 4 days later the temperature had dropped significantly.  It was 70 degrees out and windy.  I felt horrible because all I had packed for him were warm clothes because it was so hot when I checked in.  He was such a good baby from the very beginning.  At about 3 weeks he was sleeping through the night and was a quiet even tempered baby.  We were so lucky to have such a wonderful baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment